Friday, August 3, 2007

Reacting to a Meltdown

Okay, readers, I seek your advice.

Once it's become apparent that your team line-up is not working, what do you do, especially when you have members that contributed to the startup charter?

I admit that the temptation to abuse the power of team captain and just start dropping people is very strong. Last night we had some very bad things happening. (The most egregious example of which was a teammate telling our healer that she "has to put out more damage than that") Now, I am all for training people up. I'm fine with that. Lord knows I could use some training up myself. But at what point does that trump getting your team where you want it?

We bumped some no-shows from the team to make room for the stringers, but now I thoroughly regret that decision. A lot of last night's disaster comes from that decision and the decision to play just to obtain the points for the week. I suppose I got what I paid for.

However...how do you guys go about altering the team roster in a way that's fair to people to obtain the right class balance?

No comments: