Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A List of Noobs to Fire

WoW Insider tips people off this morning to the most idiotic article to feature WoW to date. From the Australian:
Kevin Zuccato, head of the Australian High Tech Crime Centre in Canberra, says terrorists can gain training in games such as World of Warcraft in a simulated environment, using weapons that are identical to real-world armaments
Are you f#@!ing kidding me?! The head of the Australian High Tech Crime Center thinks that there are weapons identical to real-world armaments in WoW? In that case, I will be digging through my local Army surplus store for a stranglestaff.

This article should lead to some firings:
  • Natalie O'Brien, the author of the article
  • Jeebus, please God fire Kevin Zuccato, who is obviously bilking the government for a paycheck by posing as an expert in a field about which he knows nothing
I don't want to go into this too much, but I work for people who have a *lot* to do with understanding and combating terrorism. I've sat in rooms and listened to some of the actual experts in this article describe online terrorist activities. And the offending paragraph quoted above is absolute utter nonsense. The SL portions of the article...maybe. But I'd be a hell of a lot more worried about webpages and/or games like Rainbow Six that I would be about a game where characters summon demons and gather animal livers for gold.

Give me a break.

The forums have more.

No comments: