Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Arawn's Expansion Pack Beta: Achren

Yes, there is a theme to my character names. Have you figured it out yet?

As Durthoo will tell you, when we destroyed our college GPAs via EverQuest, I had a problem with creating alts. And by "problem" I mean that I had too many and I never reached max level with any character. When WoW came along, I resolved to pick a class and stick with it until max level.

Well, here I am. I am at max level, and I am really not all that in to raiding, mostly due to a lack of time available for it. Most of my gear comes from PvP, and I'm fairly happy that way.

I just read Vogel's "View from the Bottom #9" and I can't really argue with his thesis that "endgame is stupid." Well, I guess I can argue...at level 70, your gear advancement replaces your level advancement. Whoops, blew that out of the water pretty easily, eh?

Actually he's got a fair point. At some point, you have to get off the treadmill for something new. So, enter my mage alt, Achren.

I plan to PvP on my 'lock still, but aside from BG weekends and Arenas, I will probably spend a good chunk of my game time figuring out how the other side lives. No rush to 70 this time...just some fun twinkage.

No comments: