Friday, August 3, 2007

A 5v5 Tragedy

Last night was awful in the Arena.

Half of the group did not show up. One of our good healers who did show up disconnected and never came back. That was the only night this week I could play, so we took half of the team and they recruited people they knew to fill in.

It was a total disaster. We managed to take about 80-100 points off our rating.

I do have to say that I warned them that we were not geared enough for a 4dps setup. We are a relatively new 5v5 team without a lot of Arena gear (I have none) and you really can't burn people down as fast as you need to in 4dps w/o the gear.

I almost felt like we should have just not played at all...but then I'm still going to get 320-something points for losing most of the night. Still on track for the Arena legs in a week and a half but man...I'm bummed.

Note to self: Do NOT let yourself feel peer pressured into running an arena setup that you are not comfortable with.

The only upside is that we used the Social Security 3v3 team this morning and managed to up the rating by 80 points....still an abysmal 1361, but the trend is upward, so eh...the team serves its purpose.

Silver lining....no matter what happens in the Arena next week I get my leggings. Still pretty down about last night though...was looking forward to this all week.

I guess I should just get a reality check on what my ambitions are for this team, though. Right now, the only consideration I should be focusing on is: Am I getting Arena pieces at a fast enough rate? I suppose the answer is yes. I know that I am not geared or experienced or flexible enough in my available play time to be a PvP god right now, so I should take my 300+ points a week and be happy.

No comments: