Monday, July 9, 2007

Weekly Goal: I FAIL

I failed to obtain my weekly goal. No Veteran's Dreadweave Belt for me. Nope, not even with 5 days off from work in a row that coincided with an Alterac Valley PvP holiday. I'm walking into work this morning with a whopping 6.3k honor points. That's it.

But I have excellent excuses.

After our last failed attempt on Prince Malchezaar in Karazhan, our guild leader asked us to spam heroics and gear up for an attempt on Saturday. It occurred to me that I only had access to the Caverns of Time heroics, and I never see people LFG for those. I heard good things about Tempest Keep heroic instances, especially The Mechanar, so I decided to get revered with the Sha'tar faction to get the Warpforged Key. That led to me running Botanica, The Mechanar, and The Arcatraz for days on end. I did finally get revered, but I didn't get a chance to run any heroics before Saturday.

But that's fine, because on Saturday we finally downed Prince Malchezaar on the third try of the evening. (Check out our guild chat...it vaguely reflects the Vent chat :) ) It was a great kill: lucky infernal placement, a quick burn through phases 2 and 3, etc. He dropped Malchazeen, Adornment of Stolen Souls, and the Helm of the Fallen Champion. I lost the rolls on the necklace, but hey, it was my first Prince kill.

I also finally got around to turning in enough Arcane Tomes and Sunfury Signet rings to get revered with the Scryers. Combined with the Sha'tar revered status, I got shoulder and hood enchants that upped my +damage and my spell crit rating.

So no belt. But it's this week's weekly goal, and I'm gonna get it, dammit.

No comments:

Blog Archive