Monday, July 2, 2007

I Have a Green Thumb and a Long Post

This weekend consisted of 2 Kara raids and Tempest Keep instance runs.

So. Much. Fun.

I have a new guild (Set in Stone) and so far they've been fantastic: good guild leadership, a Mac compatible Ventrilo server, and a steady raid schedule that's not too crazy. This weekend I joined in for a kill on the Shade of Aran, and the Mantle of the Mind Flayer dropped. I would have loved it, but as it was my first raid with them, I had no DKP to bid with. :(

After Shade we made for an Illhoof kill. This encounter is probably the reason I was recruited, as Seed of Corruption can be essential to a successful Illhoof kill. There were two of us in the raid group, and the other lock was wearing full Arena gear. We spammed SoC the whole fight, and the imps weren't really a problem, but we could not get enough DPS on the main boss to take him down. We gave up after several wipes.

We decided to try for the Prince, and had a great time getting pwned by him. A lot of this fight comes down to luck with infernal placement. Over the course of two nights we took him down into phase 3 a few times, but our tank got nailed by crushing blows each time. We never took him down. This week, the guild leader asked us to do heroic instances to get our gear up to par for these fights, and we'll try again later.

After the Kara runs I ran the Botanica several times and the Mechanar, clearing them each time. I got lucky and grabbed the good warlock gear out of Botanica, but the Mechanar was stingy. I really, really have to find and finish the Arcatraz Key quests, because I've cleared every Tempest Keep instance besides the Eye and I still am not keyed for Arca. However, I am over halfway to "revered" with the Sha'tar, and once I run Botanica 3 more times, I'll have access to heroic Tempest Keep instances.

Here's the damage from the Botanica:

No comments:

Blog Archive