Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Ramshackle Raid Schedule Crits You for -98876 DKP

I am horribly frustrated with my guild's raid schedule.

We have a calendar on our website. We are supposed to sign up for these things on the website. We are docked DKP if we sign up and don't show. These are all good things.

What is not a good thing is a recent trend in which I log in at random times in the week and find a note saying "Kara tonight, be there" in the guild message of the day, or when I'm asked to assist on a Kara boss (thereby keying me to that instance of Kara until the reset, instead of keying me to the second instance of Kara that I'd prefer on a more convenient date) with the promise of a full run the following week, only to log in and find a "Gruul's!" announcement for the date of our scheduled Kara raid. Insult to injury: I log in for the random Gruul's Night Out (as soon as I can after getting off of work) only to find them not actually in Gruul's, but in a full Kara instance...the one I was assured I'd have a spot in.

W.
T.
F?

Little rant there, sorry.

EDIT: To be fair, I should pull something out of the comments section and post it here with my original comments:
I do have to say by way of disclaimer that my experience with my guild has been 90 percent positive. The guild leader has excellent people skills, doesn't let guild chat turn into a cesspool of flames, etc.

This is a recent thing, and hopefully not a trend.
So it turns out, no Gruul's. And no Kara. And no play time until Friday.

2 comments:

Keystone said...

Sounds like they want to have their cake and eat it too!

If they dock points for not showing up to the raid you scheduled yourself for, then you should be rewarded EXTRA points for being called into a raid you WEREN'T scheduled for...

That sounds like a simple solution, you think it would work?

Derrick Crowe said...

No arguments there, man. So annoying.

I do have to say by way of disclaimer that my experience with my guild has been 90 percent positive. The guild leader has excellent people skills, doesn't let guild chat turn into a cesspool of flames, etc.

This is a recent thing, and hopefully not a trend.

I got points for the boss I helped down, but no bonus or anything. I wasn't really after that, but an actual spot in an actual raid that actually took place on the actual scheduled night would be nice, actually.

Blog Archive