Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Warning! The Gulch is No Place for Practice!

Last night I had the brilliant idea of queuing up for WSG to a) practice using other pets in PvP besides my felguard and b) get the kinks out of my strategy in preparation for the upcoming PvP holiday. (One of the great things about WoW is that every weekend is a holiday.)

The latter was pretty successful; the former was an absolute nightmare.

Let me get this out there: I am horrible with my standard pets. Voidwalker is only good in PvP for the shield and is usually replaced with an instasummon. (However, in AV, I've found him to be a great honor point machine...use him to tank the Horde npcs in the towers while you capture them.) Succubus, eh...can't withstand the soul link and I'm okay with the seduction, but I have yet to create any "focus" macros so she's high maintenance (as one might expect of a succubus).

With the felhunter, I am an absolute disaster. I really need to stop being so damn lazy and go grab a pet focus/ability macro from the forums.

To the point: I tried to practice with my felhunter, and got totally destroyed. Not one single HK while I had the little zergling out. I finally gave up, re-summoned my FG, and continued as usual.

I still want to learn to use the felhunter more effectively, as the casters can be a real pain in the Arena.

As far as the strategy honing:
1) Stay with your people! You win WSG when you zerg, you lose when you go solo.
2) Use the map! The map tracks the location of the flags. VERY helpful when your flag has been captured or when you're trying to assist the flag bearer.
3) Stock up on soul shards to the max...the massive battles require a lot of your shadowfury and other shard-eating abilities, and you'd better be ready unless you want to hang out with Gelpep all day.

Sitting at about 7k honor, on course to the weekly goal this week. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Blog Archive