Wednesday, October 31, 2007

When I Was Young...I Never Needed Anyone

Yes, folks, I am officially un-guilded. /cry, /qquit.

It was not a happy decision, and I didn't leave for the usual Dramaspear reasons. There was friction among the officers, and more than one was on my nerves, but it was nothing over and above the kind of thing you see in a workplace. (Therein lies a small problem but I'll get to that in a moment...) I left because my work schedule is very hectic and unpredictable, and cannot sign up for raids and/or attend raids with any regularity. Our guild started moving up in progression through the Gruuls / TK / SCC portion of the game, and I want to see this content. But as the guild reinvents itself into a serious progression guild, things like:
  • mandatory attendance,
  • officer activity, and
  • regular guild meetings
become important, and I could not live up to my end of the deal.

The "play-as-work" feel comes with the transition to a progression guild, and I do not want added stress in what I view as my way to blow off steam from a very demanding job. This is a minor reason for leaving, but it was a reason.

I look forward to joining my original guild for fun in Kara as they start up their attempts, but for me, WoW takes a back seat to keeping a job and seeing my wife. My focus will be more on BGs in the morning to hoard (For the Hoard?) honor points and Arena matches on the weekend.

All...by...my...se-e-elf....

No comments: