Monday, February 9, 2009

Almost...There...

Woot...79.

I'm in the process of converting a level 70 PvP character's gear set into a level 80 PvE set, so my stats are all over the place (1007 +spell damage, 161 hit rating, 19.4 crit chance, 169 resilience, LOL).

My biggest deficit in PvE stats had been hit rating. I believe my PvP gear carried a hit rating total of 32. I considered this Problem One, and have geared up to address it. Some guidance on needed hit ratings:
This question has been asked time and again to Alex Ziebart's frustration in The Queue or TCFKAAABT (The Column Formerly Known As Ask A Beta Tester). I'll cut straight to the chase. It's 446 Hit Rating that will give you a 100% chance not to miss anything in a raid because 26.23 Hit Rating is equal to 1%, and you'll need +17% to touch raid bosses.

...if you have 3/3 Supression and 3/3 Cataclysm (which is both in this Affliction build, incidentally), you gain 3% more chance to hit with Affliction and Destruction spells respectively. This brings down the Hit Rating requirement to 368. Still a pretty steep number, isn't it? That's just for raids, though, where bosses are Level 83 (or three levels above you, which is a Skull). In heroic 5-man dungeons, where most mobs will be Level 82, it's a measly 78 Hit Rating with the talents above or 157 without.
I'm set for heroics with my 161 hit rating, but still in the hole re: raids, which is fine with me for now because I don't see any raids in my near future.

After I get a respectable PvE set, I'll turn back to PvP. I'm pretty excited about the idea of doing more content and less PvP this time around, but I know myself, and it's only a matter of time before I feel the need to get an Arena team together.

This Weekend's Damage:
  • Instances: Violet Hold (normal), Drak'Theron (normal);
  • Achievements: 1,500 Quests Achieved, The Empire of Zul'Drak, Guru of Drakuru, Explore Zul'Drak, Of Blood and Anguish, The Violet Hold;
  • Amphitheater of Anguish quest done, got my Chilly Slobberknocker.

"I Can Has Dragon Mount" Watch:
  • 6,000/12,000 rep to Revered with The Wyrmrest Accord (must be Exalted);
  • 3,500+/5,000 gold for epic flyer skill;
  • 2k gold needed to purchase Reins of the Red Drake.

No comments: