Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Mixed Nuts

This weekend was a mixed bag, as usual:
  • Failure again to take down High King Maulgar. Although we failed, I feel like it was a personal success. Those felhunters stayed Enslaved and Taunting on every attempt. Once or twice some whiney punks tried to blame them (as usual) for our failure, which led to me turning on my mic and very firmly suggesting they check their combat logs and shut up. Queue crickets.
  • Adornment of Stolen Souls from Prince (which will form the start of my PvE set once I get my Arena pieces). If I am not mistaken, the takedown of Prince officially puts the official stamp on our guild's second Kara team.
  • Spectacular failure to take down Illhoof, even with a temporary respec to Destruction to deal with the interrupts on casting Seed of Corruption. The respec didn't help much because I don't have the crit gear for a Destruction build, and we just weren't taking down the chains fast enough.
  • 14000+ honor points from AV, well below what I'd planned but within striking distance of the ever-elusive trinket.
  • A poor string of Arena matches that left us at 1422 for the week, brought on by no-show regulars, some awkwardness in the teamwork, a moderate lack of gear on our team, and skill of our opponents.
  • Tailoring up to 348, which allows me to craft Netherweave Bags and Imbued Netherweave Bags. These things are incredible money makers, and I am happy with the cash flow I've established by selling them on the Auction House. Now I can seriously start saving for the epic mount.
I've decided to save up for the Arena chest piece, which I can obtain in three weeks even if our team does not improve beyond the ugly 1400 bracket between now and then. We are months away from SSC and The Eye, so there's no possible way for me to get a Tier 5 chest piece in the near future. I'll grab up the other pieces as fast as possible after that.

No comments: